larry mac

New Gluten-free Chex Boxes Vs. Old Gluten-free Boxes

Rate this topic

Anyone notice the new boxes of gluten-free Chex's have a much smaller "Gluten-Free" proclamation? At first it was really large, and now it's about half that (and it's in a less prominent placement).

I wonder if there was any kind of (non-celiac) consumer backlash. Or, they were afraid it might turn some people off, like some might think "I want my gluten", or "I'm gettin' cheated out of my gluten". Not that they think exactly "gluten" per se, but maybe equate it as some kind of "health food" product that they're not interested in.

best regards, lm

I don't doubt that the gluten free will become smaller and onto the side of the box before long. It is like putting dietetic on the box.

Well, it said "NOW GLUTEN FREE," which implies that it's newly gluten-free. After awhile the gluten-freeness isn't new anymore, so it makes sense that they'd change the boxes when they redesign them, as they do sometimes. I wouldn't read too much into it, as long as they keep it gluten free.

I've noticed the smaller gluten-free label but it doesn't bother me. Since it was "new" at the time, it was bound to be plastered on the box. As above said, the "newness" has worn off so it doesn't need to stand out as much.

It's funny that this is posted today. My grandma went to the store and I asked her to pick me up some Honey Nut Chex. When she got here, she said she wondered why I asked her to get those. I said they say gluten free on them, They are for me. She said she didn't even see it on there cuz it blended in with the Chew word. I agreed. Just interesting.