iffy

Feeling Good

Rate this topic

After one week gluten-free, feeling fine. Made scone from Bob's Red Mill sorghum flour recipe, and it was SO good. I didn't

have tapioca flour so used a blend. Texture might have been a little better. I don't think I'll be using so many different flours so many recipes call for. I'm going to try and adapt my granola bar recipe.

I went to Borders looking for a book on celiac, didn't find much so will go to Amazon if I feel a need, but there is so

much on this site, I may skip it. I copied a few recipes, but think I'll be happy with Bob's recipes.

By time I go down to visit the kids over Christmas week, I think I'll be taking down scones and muffins to see me

through OK. So tonight I'll have some quinoa pasta with spinach and mushrooms and cheese and tomato sauce,

and tomorrow I'll have yesterday's excellent turkey chili. My local liquor store said they carry two gluten-free beers, I may try one, but looks like I can have whatever wine. It will be hard to dodge the homemade cookies. Christmas Day

my Australian son-in-law will cook his traditional lamb, winter squash, potatoes and peas.

All in all, I'm pretty lucky, so far. Good luck and Happy Holidays to everyone out there.

iffy

I find books I want at Barns and Noble and then find them on Amazon and get cheap used copies.