spicenator3000

Intestinal Infections

Rate this topic

Is it possible for a celiac, who is on a gluten free diet and 95% or more of the time is gluten free, to have a bit of diverticulitis in the lower end of the large intestine? What kind of detox teas or foods or natural remedies should one do to rid a bulge or inflamed large intestine? Would there be other causes to this bulging that have symptoms a person should recognize and share with an experienced physician?

I suffer from diverticulitis. Its quite painful. Avoid heavy fiber foods, nuts, seeds, and corn (even popped) those get stuck in the pockets.

I have to go to the doc whenever I get a flare up for antibotics, because by then it's an infection. Warm baths, heating pads, chicken soup (clear foods/liquids, and light meals..like eggs or plain noddles, etc) and pain meds all help. Another thing is probotics, those will help the bacteria in there. As far as teas I like Chai as it helps the digestive track and the gut.

It could be something else, its best to see a doc. I wouldn't mess around with it, because it can get worse and then your in the hospital. (trust me on this one). :D

Best of luck,

Any number of intestinal 'bug' infections could cause bloating. I've been diagnosed and treated for 3 different bacterial infections (klebsiella, enterobacter cloacae and clostridium difficilie), one parasite (cryptosporidium) and one fungus overgrowth (candida). During and after each treatment (to kill off the bad bugs), I took probiotics (good bacteria) which also cause some bloating while they repopulate my gut to replace the bad bugs. So I can get bloating during the infection, treatment, and repopulation phase. However bloating PLUS pain PLUS either diarrhea or constipation usually means I have another 'bad bug' infection.

BTW I was also diagnosed with celiac disease and 6 additional food allergies 4-5 years ago. Contamination with any of my allergens (or intolerances) could also cause pain and bloating. However, when I'm absolutely abstinent of my allergens, I always suspect another bad bug infection.

SUE

Is it possible for a celiac, who is on a gluten free diet and 95% or more of the time is gluten free, to have a bit of diverticulitis in the lower end of the large intestine? What kind of detox teas or foods or natural remedies should one do to rid a bulge or inflamed large intestine? Would there be other causes to this bulging that have symptoms a person should recognize and share with an experienced physician?