Jaydley

Awkward Question Please Help

Rate this topic

Hey there fellow gluten free folks.

I know that I am probably in the wrong area for this but its the closest topic I can think of to the question I am going to ask.

I am gluten free (obviously teehee) but my sexual partner is not. I love making him happy and vice versa. I want to ask my doctor this question but I know that many doctors don't know anything about the gluten free lifestyle and the only other people I have to talk to about this sort of thing is my grandma and people at the gluten free support group I go to (neither of which I would really like to present this question to).

Will swallowing my partners non gluten semen affect me?

Also, is it possible that having un-protected sex would cause a bladder infection/yeast infection simply because of the gluten in his body?

I don't know how to put that any more lightly.

Please help, I would be far too mortified to ask anyone else who actually knows what their talking about and I really would like to know if there's some way I can start preventing these excruciating infections without having to take anti-biotics every two months. Thanks for any help!

Will swallowing my partners non gluten semen affect me?

I don't know how to put that any more lightly.

Please help, I would be far too mortified to ask anyone else who actually knows what their talking about and I really would like to know if there's some way I can start preventing these excruciating infections without having to take anti-biotics every two months. Thanks for any help!

There are a lot of people that have reported problems like yours with a poisoned partner. So I would say yes, a partner that is not gluten free could cause you to experience glutened symptoms if you are very sensitive.

Readers: There is/was a great discussion on this subject. Is this topic still on this forum somewhere? I couldn't find it.

As far as the vaginal yeast infections. If you are the only one being treated for an infection your partner could be re-infecting you. Both partners should be treated at the same time. This is very common. Males may not have any yeast infection symptoms but still may be infected.

Bladder infections can be reduced by urinating as soon after sex as convenient.

If you are using any personal care products for this type of activity, you might want to be sure they are gluten free.