Martok42

Kidney Stone

Rate this topic

Okay, worst news I could have thought to hear from my doctor that day. You have a kidney stone! So to cut straight to the point, how do I get rid of it, is it actually related to celiac in anyway, and how bad is passing it? I do not know the size or anything, but by the way doctor said it so blatantly with no here's what you do thing, It can't be that bad right? :(

I'm kind of freaking out so any general info may help..... I do really want to know how bad passing one is...... so.... thanks...... :( :(

Okay, worst news I could have thought to hear from my doctor that day. You have a kidney stone! So to cut straight to the point, how do I get rid of it, is it actually related to celiac in anyway, and how bad is passing it? I do not know the size or anything, but by the way doctor said it so blatantly with no here's what you do thing, It can't be that bad right? :(

I'm kind of freaking out so any general info may help..... I do really want to know how bad passing one is...... so.... thanks...... :( :(

Well, I've had about ten of them, 5 different times. It sucks. I've had lithotripsy, let them pass on their own and the thing where they go in and grab them (I can't rememver what it's called).

I think it's best to let them pass on their own, because the other two ways hurt for a long time. Passing a stone really sucks. It is worse than labor (I've had two kids,one with no drugs). The best advice I can give you is when it starts to pass, get to the hospital ER and get some morphine. It's really bad, but when it passes, no more pain,

Sorry not to be able to say it's a cake walk, but that's just the way it is. Drink a LOT of water!@!

Does it matter on size at all? Like if it's small and I pass it does it hurt less?

I've never had a kidney stone so I can't say for sure if size matters. I have witnessed many people, with different sized stones, with varring degrees of pain.(I'm a x-ray/ct tech) If you look at a kidney stone under a microscope they tend to be very spikey. You can imagine the pain that can cause while going down the ureter and urethrea. Like the other person said, you probably will need some sort of pain medication. Hope you feel better!

Does it matter on size at all? Like if it's small and I pass it does it hurt less?

I don't know about that. Mine were all very small, like sand when they came out naturally.

Good grief like sand? And it still hurt? Well I feel okay Roda, they just found it by chance actually, they were doing an X-ray for something unrelated. Unfortunately it's 4-5 MM which is big as for as those go, so I'm pretty stressed. :blink:

If you're not having any symptoms, there are way more important things you can stress about if you really want to! :D some people have kidney stones forever. It only hurts if they move. Dont' worry about it!

If you're not having any symptoms, there are way more important things you can stress about if you really want to! :D some people have kidney stones forever. It only hurts if they move. Dont' worry about it!

Ditto on this. People can have kidney stones for years and not have any symptoms. When they start to move down that you can have pain and possible it can obstruct the ureter.

I know. I do overreact about medical issues. :rolleyes: Thanks for the answering the questions you two. :D

(And By the way Roda Since I now know that you are a doctor (close enough) you are now the enemy............ Just kidding.........Mostly........Kind of.......a little bit.......)

I know. I do overreact about medical issues. :rolleyes: Thanks for the answering the questions you two. :D

(And By the way Roda Since I now know that you are a doctor (close enough) you are now the enemy............ Just kidding.........Mostly........Kind of.......a little bit.......)

HaHaHa:) We've all felt that way :D

I can keep a good perspective when it comes to something not directly affecting myself. When there is something wrong with my husband, kids or myself I react differently. The 'ol mama bear thing. So I can sympathize with overreacting! :lol: