luvs2eat

Questions For Those On The Paleo Diet

Rate this topic

My husband and I are starting to eat Paleo. I've been having consistent intestinal distress even tho I've been gluten free for years. We're eating meat, veggies, and fruit for better health reasons and because I'm thinking that the carbs I love so much and maybe dairy are part of my intestinal woes.

I'm assuming the good fiber will help my loose bowels rather than make them worse. Can anyone on the Paleo diet tell me of their experiences in giving up grains and carbs?

I'm not doing the "Paleo" diet specifically, but Atkins, which is anthropologically speaking, pretty close!

By starting Atkins is how I figured out I had Celiac, the first phases of Atkins you give up grains entirely for a few weeks. I felt so much better almost immediately!

My celiac causes constipation rather than diarreah, and within probably a week or so off of grains I was "normal".

Well, I'm not exactly Paleo-close and similar, but very low-carb, grain-free, CF and fruit-free. It has done wonders for my blood sugar which is better for my body overall. Haven't noticed a difference in digestion-eliminating dairy certainly does make a difference for me. Eliminating all foods that I tested positive to via allergy testing did make a marked improvement in digestion though and I did test positive for casein with recent testing.