CHARBEEGOOD

Similarities To Endometriosis

Rate this topic

Hi,I was over a friends house who has been diagnosed with endometriosis and we were discussing our diets.

We found out that we both have been avoiding gluten, soy, and lactose. I had a doctor(a few years ago) inform me that they believed I had endometriosis but I was unable to get the treatment (due to insurance) and also around this time I was diagnosed with a variety of allergies so I had started allergy shots and was working on perfecting my diet.

I never gave it a moments thought when the discomfort stopped. It just never crossed my mind. I was so busy with other thing that I am not sure I even registered the change.

But now I am wondering if there was any type of relation between the two. Has anyone else experienced this?

I do think there is a big correlation between Celiac disease and all forms of infertility and/or reproductive organ issues. (which would include advanced endometriosis).

I think it just wreaks such havoc with everything that all systems start to fail. Everyone is individual of course, so each person may have different domino effects and different system failures.

I also was dx'd with endo over 20 years ago but was never able to afford the procedures. Since going gluten-free I don't have the pain like I used to. Still there but NOWHERE near as bad. Hopefully in a year or 2 it will be totally gone. Crossing my fingers.

I thought my dd had it 2 yrs ago. The doc said to go off gulten. He gave her complex B vitamins. Pain cleared up soon after. She had heavy blood loss and tremendous cramping. Now things are fairly normal except she doesn't eat many, if any, vegetables nor take vitamins :(

At age 21 she wont listen until she has a problem. She keeps catching a cold so I gave her vitamins and told her to eat right...we will see :blink: