GFLindsey

Lymphocyctic Gastritis

Rate this topic

It was just confirmed that I have lymphocytic gastritis associated with Celiac. Since being gluten free, my D has vanished! However, once I was taken off Kapidex and put on Prilosec (for insurance reasons), my stomach/chest pain and nausea has been almost unbearable.

Does anyone else have this condition? If so, what medication do you take if any? Also, I realize that the gastritis is chronic but does the gluten-free diet help the symptoms regress?

It was just confirmed that I have lymphocytic gastritis associated with Celiac. Since being gluten free, my D has vanished! However, once I was taken off Kapidex and put on Prilosec (for insurance reasons), my stomach/chest pain and nausea has been almost unbearable.

Does anyone else have this condition? If so, what medication do you take if any? Also, I realize that the gastritis is chronic but does the gluten-free diet help the symptoms regress?

i was about to start prilosec because pepto doesn't help at all. the weird thing is my indigestion/heartburn actually seems worse since going gluten free (which has been 6 weeks now). go figure. i hope lymphocytic gastritis is curable ... it sounds scary and painful. :(

My gastritis has definitely gotten worse since going gluten-free -- can't tell if it is the gluten-free diet or the medication change. I suspect the latter. Lymphocytic gastritis is acutally not curable in Celiac patients, because it is chronic, but the gluten-free diet supposedly will help the symptoms regress! Fingers crossed :)