txplowgirl

Family Curse Strikes Again!

Rate this topic

I just got a phone call from a cousin earlier catching up on family and she tells me a third cousin who is 34 was just dx'd with liver cancer. He has had diabetes for the last 10 years and a year ago dr's thought he had lupus. Turns out the lupus was the cancer instead.

His grandmother is my first cousin, she has diabetes and several food allergies, Both of her brothers, my first cousins have kidney and stomach cancer. She has one daughter who has had lupus for close to 20 years now and another daughter with a lot of food allergies. None of them want to listen when I tell them about gluten

My father, died of colon cancer, he had one brother die of stomach cancer, their mother, my grandmother died of ovarian cancer. Her sister died of lung cancer, and a brother died of prostate cancer. I had a first cousin die at the age of 28 from brain stem cancer. Then there are a couple of other cousins who have died of breast cancer. Then we have lupus, thyroid issues, diabetes, brain hemmorages and other things running in the family also.

On my mother's side she had 3 brothers die from lung, thyroid and esophageal cancer. Her father, my grandfather died from stomach cancer, he had 3 sisters die from stomach, lung and brain cancer, that side I have several cousins suffer from breast, stomach, lung and kidney cancer.

This is just utterly rediculous. And no one, not even my mother will listen to me about gluten even though she runs to the bathroom with diareah 15 minutes after eating.

I want to scream and yell at everyone so bad, slap them upside the head but I know it won't do me any good. I've cried for a couple of hours now and i'm litterally drained because I think this could all have been prevented years ago if we had all known about gluten.

I'm going to bed now and try to get some sleep. Thanks for listening.

Vicky

Thanks for Sharing Vicky! We are listening! I too am getting frustrated with my family. My mother had colon cancer at 54, is still here but will not listen when I talk to her about it, I know she has all the symptoms too, and my aunt her sister was in the hospital this fall with IBS symptoms they couldn't figure out. So I have been sharing with them since February all about it and they just refuse to listen. I think I will keep sharing the info with them. The other day my mom got on a huge rant about how we are all going to get osteoporosis like her, she got all defensive about it! Sheesh! I believe that I will prevent Osteoporosis since I will be absorbing all the minerals correctly.

It is very sad that your family has had a lot of suffering with cancer, yes, mostly preventable. Keep up the good work. Keep the info coming!

Good luck, Amy

I think a lot of us can identify with your post and your frustration and sadness. I wish there was something I could do to advise you but with my two adult children deciding they no longer need the diet and my not being able to convince them that they are being foolish, they were both diagnosed one with biopsy, well....

I have had to accept that they are adults and I can't do anything about it. If your Mom will read some research print some out for her.

There really isn't anything you can do until doctors get better at diagnosing us. Even then some may decide not to do what they need to do. We can't do anything other than worry.

Thank you for listening, I really appreciate it. I guess I was having a bad couple of hours and it was really bothering me so I came on here and vented. I was able to feel a bit better and was able to sleep. Thankfully. Again, thank you for listening.