StacyA

Any Recipes For Making Your Own 'on The Go' Bars

Rate this topic

I did search through old threads, but only found a few half ideas. I like to have Lara bars handy, but I would also like to try to make some of my own. Has anyone had good success, and if so, how?

I assume I would need a food processor. If so, can anyone recommend one? We only have a blender in the house, but I tried to blend raisins and flaxseeds in it for another recipe, and that was a mess.

I was thinking dates, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips (of course!), nuts...

But how to blend? Do I need to add a starch to thicken, or a fluid to thin it? Do I need to bake? I'm thinking I would freeze them, or would I store at room temperature?

Any suggestions would be great!! I don't have any intolerances other than gluten and MSG. I haven't tried oats yet. (I have some steel cut in my cabinet but haven't found the courage yet to try them.)

Hm, just a guess, but I would take the same ingredients they have in larabars and food process them. You'll have to play with amounts, but Larabars don't have anything else in there.

I have a food processor from the 1970's. Works just dandy. :) I borrowed it from my MIL.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

I sometimes make treats using a microwave peanut brittle recipe. You can add anything you want to it in addition to the peanuts. Some shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, carob powder, cinnamon, raisins, all kinds of stuff.

I did search through old threads, but only found a few half ideas. I like to have Lara bars handy, but I would also like to try to make some of my own. Has anyone had good success, and if so, how?

I have made these My link I have only tried the main one so far, but they were a success!