Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

Sorry To Be A Pain...trying To Get Organized

Hi gang, :)

Can anyone give me a heads-up on Hershey's labeling policy? I found all but Hershey's and Mars while doing my research. I'm trying to get my grocery binder together to take shopping. I appreciate the help!

-Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hershey at one point had a policy to clearly label gluten ingredients, but in the last few years they have given evasive answers to customer requests. Read the ingredients carefully, and avoid anything with questionable status. In the US, wheat can not be hidden, but barley can.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Hershey is a very "unfriendly" company to those of us who read labels for a living. I avoid purchasing their products whenever possible.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

i like how with Nestle-> ive been able to find Coffee Creamer & SemiSweet Chocolate Chips with a "Gluten Free" Label on the packaging :)

im still learning & reading every single ingredient... so the gluten-free label helps!

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

Hi gang, :)

Can anyone give me a heads-up on Hershey's labeling policy? I found all but Hershey's and Mars while doing my research. I'm trying to get my grocery binder together to take shopping. I appreciate the help!

-Julie

I called Hershey a few weeks ago. They were very friendly and gave me a list of what they considered to be safe as it was on a dedicated line. I don't know that their labels help much, but I don't buy much candy. Their baking chocolates and semisweet chocolate chips were all on the safe list. The rep I spoke with was very friendly even when I asked about some items that weren't theirs....ooops :unsure:

I called Hershey a few weeks ago. They were very friendly and gave me a list of what they considered to be safe as it was on a dedicated line. I don't know that their labels help much, but I don't buy much candy. Their baking chocolates and semisweet chocolate chips were all on the safe list. The rep I spoke with was very friendly even when I asked about some items that weren't theirs....ooops :unsure:

Will you share the list? I'd be interested to know...