Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glutenfreemamax2

Can We Talk About Poop For A Minute?

My 3 year old has been gluten free for about 48 hours. He was a once every 3-4 day pooper. He would strain and turn red. He would hold it. He would get a little out and stop. Since he has been gluten free, he has been in the bathroom 3 times today. It's not d, and it's not c. It's a normal movment. Is this common when starting the gluten-free diet in children? I have not seen it in myself.

TIA!

Gluten free since 10/1/10

3 year old gluten free since 10/16/10

Diagnosed with IBS in 2000

Appeared on the Dr.Phil Show 9/23/10

started working with Dr.Phil's nurtitionist and he discovered the gluten/dairy intolerance

Labs drawn on 10/16/10 waiting on results

10 pounds and 15 inches off so far!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My 3 year old has been gluten free for about 48 hours. He was a once every 3-4 day pooper. He would strain and turn red. He would hold it. He would get a little out and stop. Since he has been gluten free, he has been in the bathroom 3 times today. It's not d, and it's not c. It's a normal movment. Is this common when starting the gluten-free diet in children? I have not seen it in myself.

TIA!

My 3yo had regular, always loose stools, going 3-4 times a day along with stomach pains. And when she got sick or would ingest a lot of gluten, it would be liquid. Almost immediately, her bowels improved. As soon as we got the celiac disease b/w back with positive results, we cut back on gluten. And then once we got the positive biopsy, she went 100% gluten free. Now, if there's cross-contamination or gluten ingested, we can tell b/c her bowels change immediately. I know it's the opposite side of things, but hope this helps!