Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone found a high protein (soy burger?) that is gluten free? I'm vegetarian, I used to live on Boca burgers because they are so high in protien and low in fat/carbs- but can't seem to find any alternative now that I'm eating gluten free. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Has anyone found a high protein (soy burger?) that is gluten free? I'm vegetarian, I used to live on Boca burgers because they are so high in protien and low in fat/carbs- but can't seem to find any alternative now that I'm eating gluten free. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I saw an alternative gluten free version at my market. I don't remember the name though. I'll check when I get there next and let you know.. :)

*Judy
Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs RE-TESTED ALL FOOD ALLERGIES IN JUNE 2015 AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE NOW!  TIME TO RE-INTRODUCE FISH AND NUTS!!! 
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. c
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010 

Hyperthyroid 2013 - benign tumors and entire thyroid removed

Have you looked into Dr. Praeggers? (I know I'm butchering that name.) I think there's one that's all veggies and no wheat or soy but I haven't checked in quite a long time.

I've been thinking about making my own black bean burgers but I don't have a recipe. Clearly, I need to get cracking ;)

glutenfree since 6/2011. sick for 30 years.

borderline blood test, negative biopsy.

SEVERELY sensitive celiac with DH. sensitive to contact and ingestion.

asthma (was severe; improved exponentially after 6/11)

spina bifida & childhood SCI at L4/L5 (possibly complicated by weak bones)

countless fractures and infections.

i once listed over 100 symptoms or conditions that improved or were eliminated after 6/11.

very vegan. and, of course, i've also discovered some other food allergies.

Thanks- I have tried Dr. Praegers. the one I tried though was not soy based and was not that high in protein. Maybe i didn't try the right one? I'd love to find an alternative to the boca or morning star soy burgers.