jswog

Eggs?

Rate this topic

OK. So I've been on a full elimination diet for about three weeks now. I 'challenged' corn and was fine. I challenged eggs on Sunday and had diarrhea and just generally didn't feel well. We were also camping, hiking/climbing, overheating, and I got a slight sunburn. All of that added together, I wasn't sure if the eggs were the problem. I was feeling better by the next day, so I waited a couple more days and challenged them again today. I was feeling miserable a few hours later, but it passed very quickly and I was feeling fine again. So just to make SURE it was the eggs, I had more this afternoon and was, again, sick soon along with diarrhea. YUCK!!!

So, I guess that means eggs are off-limits to me now. :( Question: Any of you have (or had) problems with eggs? If so, has it been perminant? Or were you able to go back to eating them after your bodies have healed? If so, how long did that take? Eggs have always been my quick, go-to protien source so it will really suck to have to live without them forever!

Thanks!

Jen

Eggs make me sick and whenever I've unknowingly eaten them, I've gotten sick. I don't think they're like dairy, where some celiacs can go back to dairy once they've healed. Egg intolerances and allergies seem permanent. That's not to say it'll be your experience though.

FYI, it's possible to be allergic or intolerant to the yolk only or the egg white only.

I have always loved eggs. I was very sick when I was born and the first three years of my life were touch and go. About the only thing they could get me to eat was eggs. I figure my body needed the nutrition that was in them and that's why I craved them.

Since starting the diet, it seems I don't LIKE them anymore! They don't make me sick or anything. I used to love mixing a soft boiled eggs with some crumbled up bacon in a bowl of brown rice. I've been doing this once a week for the past few months, but I have stopped because the eggs just don't appeal to me anymore. I have no idea why - unless it's that I'm finally digesting ALL of my food and don't need the extra nutrition?

OK. So I've been on a full elimination diet for about three weeks now. I 'challenged' corn and was fine. I challenged eggs on Sunday and had diarrhea and just generally didn't feel well. We were also camping, hiking/climbing, overheating, and I got a slight sunburn. All of that added together, I wasn't sure if the eggs were the problem. I was feeling better by the next day, so I waited a couple more days and challenged them again today. I was feeling miserable a few hours later, but it passed very quickly and I was feeling fine again. So just to make SURE it was the eggs, I had more this afternoon and was, again, sick soon along with diarrhea. YUCK!!!

So, I guess that means eggs are off-limits to me now. :( Question: Any of you have (or had) problems with eggs? If so, has it been perminant? Or were you able to go back to eating them after your bodies have healed? If so, how long did that take? Eggs have always been my quick, go-to protien source so it will really suck to have to live without them forever!

Thanks!

Jen

Eggs and I stopped getting along about 2 years into my gluten free diet. Not sure why this happens. They always made my stomach feel a little challenged, but now I have to avoid them. I can get away with eating baked foods with egg as long as I don't get carried away. They used to be my favorite breakfast item.

I will never touch an egg again. Violent stomach reactions. I have been tested and I do have an IgG allergy. I suppose it could be worse. Eggs are one of the easier things to avoid.