Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Sines

Got Any Funnys From Friends/family Trying To Understand?

Too funny :lol: ...um, yellow color = what flour exactly, I wonder?? Did they say?? :lol:

Lol they didn't say what they thought it was made of no idea what they were thinkin they are always asking about what I can't eat

Lol they didn't say what they thought it was made of no idea what they were thinkin they are always asking about what I can't eat

A polenta cake??

Hon, at least they ask. :) They seem to care! Maybe you should tell that what you CAN eat!! ;)

But it is funny that people do not "get" that white flour is wheat flour. I had someone ask me about this." So, is white flour okay then?" :blink: I asked "What do you think white flour is made from?" She did not know...... :rolleyes:

Heard this story the other day...

A guy came into the gluten free cafe I frequent and purchased a loaf of the bread the owner makes. He told her he has been gluten-free for nearly 20 years (as a celiac) and was tired of the packaged bread he ate. He said he never really feels great and lamented this damn disease. When asked, what kind of bread are you eating? He replied "Potato Bread". :blink: He THOUGHT IT WAS MADE from POTATOES (but never considered the wheat flour)....for 20 years????

:o OMG! That is not really a funny story, I know. The owner's mouth was still wide open in disbelief relating that story to us months later....

People keep talking about how others seem to think white bread is OK for us. They think it's made of rice flour. My son was 14 & I told him. Typical teen, as he was actually listening, he heard 75% of what I said. He got really excited and said, " It is? It's not wheat flour! Are you sure?"

If a 14 yr old male knows better.... :unsure: