Kirstie

How Do I Get Rid Of Bloating!?

Rate this topic

Since going gluten free a month ago (a few slip ups here and there, especially past week) I have finally controlled my constant nausea (now its only occasional) and haven't been vomiting!

But my bloating will NOT go away! Some days it's worse than others but it is still always there, I'm so conscious of it, and it's so uncomfortable :unsure:

Has anyone else suffered from horrible bloating because of gluten? How long did it take to go away and what helped?

Thanks everyone

:)

K x

apple cider vinegar (Braggs) in some water helps significantly.

I make ginger tea from scratch to help with digestion.

Also, try lying down on your back and holding on knee to your chest for a few minutes and breath deeply. Then switch legs. It's supposed to help release some pressure and gas.

Hope it helps!

Time and diligence, will be your best remedy. ;)

Digestive enzymes help me with the bloating! I've also found it helps to limit your diet to known safe foods

I am still having horrible bloating (and gas) too. I just passed my month mark on June 1. I may have to try the cider and water. I did buy some GasX over the weekend just to see if it would help. I am feeling tons better except for the bloating.

Glad to know I am not the only one. :)

I have found that lying down for ten minutes helps me when I get bloated. On your back or side seems to break it up. It's almost like standing up has all of your insides resting on the bottom so the air is trapped. When I lye down it helps spread everything out and releases the air. :rolleyes: I know this sounds crazy but it does work for me.

You might consider eliminating dairy products, if you have not already...

And soy products too if you have not already eliminated them.

When I had my colonoscopy I was worried about bloat as I had friends who had terrible bloat pain from colonoscopy. The nurse told me to lay on my left side & draw my knees up as close as I could to my chest. It WORKS! Not your right side but your left side.

Nothing helps me yet either. My belly looks 7 months pregnant and the top half above my belly button even sticks out farther than the bottom half sometimes. I haven't worn jeans in months. Argh!