This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Traveling To Boulder

DougE

DougE Rookie

I am going on a business trip to Boulder CO. I will not likely get a chance to go to Denver, so am looking for gluten-free dining options just within Boulder. Is there gluten-free beer there?

Thanks,

DougE

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Shess0816 Apprentice
I am going on a business trip to Boulder CO. I will not likely get a chance to go to Denver, so am looking for gluten-free dining options just within Boulder. Is there gluten-free beer there?

Thanks,

DougE

Colorado is a great place to get gluten free food! I was out there this summer after only a few months on the gluten free diet and I felt completely comfortable. It seemed like a lot of people in restaurants there really seemed to be knowledgeable about Celiac Disease.

We ate in Boulder a few times. One place we went was the Walnut Street Brewery (right off of Pearl Street shopping area). While they did not have a gluten free menu, the head chef and manager both came up and spent at least 15 minutes talking to me about what types of food I liked and then they explained to me how they could modify one of the dishes to make it gluten free. I ended up having some fish and veggies sauteed in olive oil. It was excellent and the manager made sure to check back with me about 5 additional times to make sure everything was okay.

Another place if you are in the mood for a pizza type environment -- Beaujos Colorado Style Pizza has a great gluten free menu (appetizers included!!). Here is their website:

Open Original Shared Link

If you look at the website I copied below, there is a list of restaurants in Boulder that either have gluten free menus or are willing to work with you:

Hope that helps!! I'm so jealous! I LOVE Colorado!!!

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

My daughter goes to school in Boulder so I am there about once a month. I love Sunflower!! They have an excellent gluten free menu. You will find that Boulder is the most friendliest town when it comes to Gluten free dining. Whole foods started there and you will find one every other street so it seems. I am wine drinker so don't know about the beer but sure you will find it. Actually, I do know that Beaujos, as Shess recommended, has Redbridge and an awesome gluten free pizza! If you like Seafood, Jax Fish house is my favorite, Chef owned, (he also is a favorite on Iron Chef)and can definitely do gluten free. For Italian, my favorite is Laudisio Italian Restaurant. They will bring you gluten free bread sticks! I love their gluten free pasta that they get made fresh from a nearby source. You will have to ask them where, I lost the info but very yummy! I do have expensive tastes (also feel more comfortable with real Chef's preparing my dishes) so other than Beaujos, these are not cheap restaurants but VERY worth it!

DougE Rookie

Thanks for the responses. I have been in Boulder once before (before my diagnosis) and am really looking forward to returning. It is such a beautiful place. :)

DougE

reese Newbie

Hi. Boulder is a GREAT place for good gluten-free food and BEER! If you are in Boulder, many of the liquor stores carry beer made by the local New Planet Beer Company or you can check their website: newplanetbeer.com for a list where you can purchase it. Beaujo's Pizza Restaurant carries it. As mentioned by others who've responded, Beaujo's has gluten free food and Laudisio Italian Restaurant (our favorite place too) located in the 29th Street Mall has it's own gluten free menu.

Have fun in Boulder!

jnclelland Contributor

If you're going to be in the north part of town (or don't mind driving or taking the bus up there), my favorite restaurant is Restaurant 4580 at the corner of Broadway & Yarmouth. A large percentage of their menu is gluten-free; they even have fantastic gluten-free table bread, and all the food is just wonderful! Their menu is online at Open Original Shared Link if you want to check it out.

Jeanne

ksymonds84 Enthusiast
If you're going to be in the north part of town (or don't mind driving or taking the bus up there), my favorite restaurant is Restaurant 4580 at the corner of Broadway & Yarmouth. A large percentage of their menu is gluten-free; they even have fantastic gluten-free table bread, and all the food is just wonderful! Their menu is online at Open Original Shared Link if you want to check it out.

Jeanne

thanks Jeanne, I will try it when I take my daughter back after Thanksgiving break, the menu looks delicious!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DougE Rookie

Thanks again all. Looks like this will be a really good trip :D

DougE

• 2 months later...
pacopus Newbie

I've traveled quite a bit, and Boulder is BY FAR one of the best in the states. I lived there for 9 years, and loved the following restaurants:

1. Jax Fish House / Zolo Bar and Grill / Centro Latin Grill (all are owned by the same company, you can see the gluten-free menus on their site)

2. The Kitchen (gluten-free friendly)

3. Boulder Cafe (gluten-free friendly)

4. The Med (gluten-free friendly)

5. Turleys (lots of options)

6. Organic Orbit Eco Food Cafe (lots of options)

7. Aji (MY FAVORITE of all of these)

8. Sushi Zanmi (the best sushi ever)

have fun!

DougE Rookie

I've traveled quite a bit, and Boulder is BY FAR one of the best in the states. I lived there for 9 years, and loved the following restaurants:

1. Jax Fish House / Zolo Bar and Grill / Centro Latin Grill (all are owned by the same company, you can see the gluten-free menus on their site)

2. The Kitchen (gluten-free friendly)

3. Boulder Cafe (gluten-free friendly)

4. The Med (gluten-free friendly)

5. Turleys (lots of options)

6. Organic Orbit Eco Food Cafe (lots of options)

7. Aji (MY FAVORITE of all of these)

8. Sushi Zanmi (the best sushi ever)

have fun!

I have to agree with you about Boulder. I completed my trip in December... ate at Turleys, Laudisio, Beau Jo's and Zolo (all excellent). Also 5 or 6 kinds of gluten-free beer at the liquor mart! I thought my home town of Halifax was Celiac friendly, but Boulder takes the prize!

• 1 year later...
Momat32 Newbie

TQ in Lafayette is a Chinese bistro that uses only wheat free tamari in its kitchen. Fantastic to be able to eat Chinese food again! The waitress/owner is very helpful guiding one through the menu. There are a few breaded items that are not gluten free.

Archived