- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pudding Recipes
- Brown Rice Pudding (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)
Brown Rice Pudding (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-free Rice Pudding (photo courtesy of Rore)
- 1 1/2 cups organic brown rice
- ¼ teaspoon fine grained Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk or coconut milk work best
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Vanilla extract to taste-optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Bring the brown rice and 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Once it is boiling reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 – 50 minutes, or until the rice is very soft.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in 1 cup of the soy milk.
- Then add the rice, raisins, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a large greased baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until lightly brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of soy milk.
- Leave the pudding to cool for about 1 hour before serving.
- Add your favorite toppings.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).