Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Not Sure What To Do.

28 posts in this topic

You guys are awesome! Thank you all for the great advice and humor! I loved it all!

I've been ok actually. A lot better than I expected. Not sure what curbed the effects, but I definitely wasn't slammed as hard as I expected with a reaction. Of course things are a little "off", but I guess I'm sort of used to that.

How interesting about the l-glutamine and charcoal! I will have to pick those up "to add to my arsenal" as my mom says. Also interesting idea about scotch! Mom did suggest a hot toddy... ( warm water or tea with lemon and scotch) and I laughed at her. Now thinking about it, that might be a great idea!

Thank you again, and I'm so glad that others seem to have found this useful to start their own "arsenals" for combating a reaction!

Ads by Google:

whisky, water, lemon. Best drink for the stomach, I've found. Bartenders usually look at me funny when I order it, but I know what I want, dang it!

I'm going to check into these charcoal capsules too. Is the idea that they soak up the crap that's trying to hurt you?

I've tried nettle tea a few times, but don't feel it makes a difference.

Anyway, glad you're not feeling too cruddy, Juanitaboy, and get better soon!

I'm going to check into these charcoal capsules too. Is the idea that they soak up the crap that's trying to hurt you?

I cut and pasted this for you: :)

Activated charcoal can  absorb digestive gases, especially in the lower intestine, and thus help to relieve flatulence and gas pains. Activated charcoal may help to lower cholesterol by interfering with enterohepatic circulation of bile acids. It has been found to lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.

Activated Charcoal is mostly used for:

• Adsorbing digestive gases
  • Detoxification
  • Bloating and gas
  • Malodorous gas
  • High cholesterol

Activated Charcoal is known to be one of the finest natural absorbent agents and it is most commonly used to absorb digestive gas. Each particle in Activated Charcoal contains many small chambers and cavities that bind-up unwanted material or gas.

What is Activated Charcoal?

Activated charcoal is type of carbon made from wood, vegetables and other materials. It looks like a fine black powder. Activated charcoal is believed to have a large absorptive capacity, making it able to bind with unwanted substances and toxins in the gut.

These are the kind I buy:  Country Life (certified G F)

http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-country-life-activated-charcoal.htm