Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

I Am Breathing Easier At Just Over A Year Gluten Free!

breathing benefits of diet

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Question/ Comment for Super Sensitives:  Not to say others can't answer if they have had such a symptom.

I just noticed it about a week ago.  I started enjoying nice deep breaths with my tummy moving freely.  Usually I am not aware of my breathing, so it puzzled me why it now attracted my attention. 

Then one day, my tummy felt tight.  I couldn't get a deep breath.  I had an appointment with my nurse practitioner, and when she wanted me to breath deep, I couldn't.  That was five days ago.  Over the last five days it has  gotten deeper and deeper, until today when I thought  that I now had obtained the same deep breathing that first caught my attention.

Now, I recall having that tight feeling in my tummy when I played my clarinet in high school.  Could it be I already had this symptom back then?

Has anyone else noticed they are able to breath deeper after going gluten free?.  My most recent things I have done is switched probiotics, added digestive enzymes, and avoided foods I had antibodies for.  Whatever it is I did, I want to keep it up!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I haven't noticed a difference with being able to take a deep breath and glutening.  I play saxophone, so you would think that I would notice if it were an issue for me.  I do notice some correlation with allergy like symptoms, especially reactions to perfumes.  That is pretty closely related.

I'm glad that you are doing better.

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I just squatted to get a spill off the floor and remembered, I hadn't squatted for years, because I couldn't breathe when I did.  I think that is related to the above.

D

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

This has nothing to do with super sensitivity but... once my extreme anemia got better, oxygen could get to my brain, etc and it was easier to breathe

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: