Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

I Am Breathing Easier At Just Over A Year Gluten Free!

breathing benefits of diet

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Question/ Comment for Super Sensitives:  Not to say others can't answer if they have had such a symptom.

I just noticed it about a week ago.  I started enjoying nice deep breaths with my tummy moving freely.  Usually I am not aware of my breathing, so it puzzled me why it now attracted my attention. 

Then one day, my tummy felt tight.  I couldn't get a deep breath.  I had an appointment with my nurse practitioner, and when she wanted me to breath deep, I couldn't.  That was five days ago.  Over the last five days it has  gotten deeper and deeper, until today when I thought  that I now had obtained the same deep breathing that first caught my attention.

Now, I recall having that tight feeling in my tummy when I played my clarinet in high school.  Could it be I already had this symptom back then?

Has anyone else noticed they are able to breath deeper after going gluten free?.  My most recent things I have done is switched probiotics, added digestive enzymes, and avoided foods I had antibodies for.  Whatever it is I did, I want to keep it up!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I haven't noticed a difference with being able to take a deep breath and glutening.  I play saxophone, so you would think that I would notice if it were an issue for me.  I do notice some correlation with allergy like symptoms, especially reactions to perfumes.  That is pretty closely related.

I'm glad that you are doing better.

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I just squatted to get a spill off the floor and remembered, I hadn't squatted for years, because I couldn't breathe when I did.  I think that is related to the above.

D

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

This has nothing to do with super sensitivity but... once my extreme anemia got better, oxygen could get to my brain, etc and it was easier to breathe

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: