Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

I Am Puzzled, My Girl Is In Troubles And I Don't Know What To Do!

• Please log in to reply

31 replies to this topic

#16 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

she was scoped for the Celiac diagnoses?  This can still be a congenital defect of the GI track.

A little more about Eosinophilic Esophagitus.  Food or airborn "trigger" activate eosinophil production, this can cause damage for 12 days.  (That is why a 4 day rotation won't help you out much is this is the situation.)  You need the reaction happening to get diagnosed, and this can be a seasonal airborn allergen.  Eosinophils, the white blood cells usually reserved for fighting parasite infection, damage normal healthy tissue.  A biopsy must be done because some of the eosinophils are embedded in "normal" looking tissue.  (The doctor also must order the pathologist to test the eosinophil count.)  The damage looks like creamy spots., furrowing, Schatzi rings.  Does your child have occassional spotted throat with bad breath?  Little ones don't complain about the throat hurting ~ they just say the stomach hurts.  Get back to the doctor before any seasonal part of the puzzle is missing.  This is not easy to get diagnosed and is now proven to be connected to Celiac.

Michigan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Maby you can try  some pro biotics? It may help with D. I have been taking them but I am not sure about a 4yo you can ask your doc. if everything eles shows up clear. It may help ... I hope you find the answers. I hate to hear children being so sick and every thng is "Normal" Evidently everything is not normal they just hav't found the problem yet. Hang in there!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#18 jepacar

jepacar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Have they looked for intestinal blockage? My understanding is that if a blockage develops that diarrhea may be the only way that things can keep moving around the blockage. I assume that an x-ray and/or ultrasound would help with that type of analysis, but I don't have experience or references for the issue. I hope you can figure it out soon. I agree that the breast milk is probably essential for her right now.

And it WAS a blockage!! the doctor did an x-ray and there it was, a big piece of stools. Yesterday I took her to the hospital and they gave her PEG 3350 to take 3 tablespoons a day for 3 days, then move to 1 tablespoon for a month, I wonder if that is the best option, they said if it doesn't work I have to go back. I'm happy to know what it is and also concern thinking how could that happened, I know my girl and she doesn't hold poop and she has a very healthy diet. I thank you very much weluvgators for your advice because I went to my doctor office telling her about what you said so she could run more tests and she finally did; before she keep telling to wait and see :(  I send you a big hug!!!

#19 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wow!! I am so very happy they found the problem!! Good for you!! Finally answers! Good luck to you and your little one!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#20 jepacar

jepacar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Wow!! I am so very happy they found the problem!! Good for you!! Finally answers! Good luck to you and your little one!!

Thanks dear, but now we are stuck with this impacted stool. We cannot make it move!! I took her to the hospital where they prescribed PEG 3350 which caused her severe pain and diarrhea (every 10 minutes), but the hard stool is still there so I suspended after 3 days (the doctor agreed) The doctor said it'll break by itself and I wonder how this is going to happen if it hasn't happen in almost 3 moths!! my poor little thing...

#21 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thanks dear, but now we are stuck with this impacted stool. We cannot make it move!! I took her to the hospital where they prescribed PEG 3350 which caused her severe pain and diarrhea (every 10 minutes), but the hard stool is still there so I suspended after 3 days (the doctor agreed) The doctor said it'll break by itself and I wonder how this is going to happen if it hasn't happen in almost 3 moths!! my poor little thing...

When I was a kid, I had issues like that. my mom had to "help" me out... i think she used an old anal thermometre. perhaps that would help?

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#22 weluvgators

weluvgators

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

I hope your daughter has had some improvement. I am interested in which technology they used to see the blockage. Have you looked at Epsom salt baths? Those may help some. Best wishes for getting the blockage moving and out.
My super silly red siren is my guiding light. She has been a tremendous lesson for me in how gluten affects different people in very different ways. She is a super duper silly girl that was simply born that way. I have no idea why I am so blessed to have her guidance.

#23 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

I hope you have her back to her regular diet or will soon.  I am glad you found the blockage in time.  The doctors should find out if the intestine has telescoped on itself.  That happened to my nephew. Intussusception is the name of that problem.  I wonder if there may be a gluten link? 

Please keep us updated as I see this thread began in August and early September is here.

#24 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Yes we really are interested in how she is doing. Please up date us if possible. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#25 jepacar

jepacar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yes we really are interested in how she is doing. Please up date us if possible. 

Thanks friends for your support. This is the thing, they found out about the blockage through an x-ray, then they gave her a bulk amount of laxative (PEG 3350) for three days. The day number three she was so sick that she had to lay down the whole day on top of towels because she was passing some kind of yellow water constantly, so I took her to emergency were a "doctor" told me to stop the medication and that the stool would brake down by itself, which it never happened. The last Friday I finally got an appointment to see her pediatrician who told me  "this is not a simple stool blockage" but he doesn't know what it is, so he sent her to do a lot more test (blood and stools) meanwhile she still has diarrhea and pain.... I don't think I have more hair to pull out of my head :(

#26 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Ohhhh Sweetie! I am so very sorry all this is going on with her. I figured they would of fixed it by now!! Do they have her on a special diet of any sort? Prayers and thoughts your way !!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#27 tommysmommy

tommysmommy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Please reconsider eliminating the breast milk - even if only for a day - just to see. Breast milk is very different than other milks but that doesnt mean that as her body heals it isnt finding it difficult to digest (its a common villi issue) young childen tend to react quickly...worth trying for a day or two - if symptoms persist - then uve ruled out a cause, if they resolve...give almond milk a try.

#28 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks friends for your support. This is the thing, they found out about the blockage through an x-ray, then they gave her a bulk amount of laxative (PEG 3350) for three days. The day number three she was so sick that she had to lay down the whole day on top of towels because she was passing some kind of yellow water constantly, so I took her to emergency were a "doctor" told me to stop the medication and that the stool would brake down by itself, which it never happened. The last Friday I finally got an appointment to see her pediatrician who told me  "this is not a simple stool blockage" but he doesn't know what it is, so he sent her to do a lot more test (blood and stools) meanwhile she still has diarrhea and pain.... I don't think I have more hair to pull out of my head :(

Waiting to hear another report!! hoping it is a good one! Prayers, good Juju , hugzz and everything eles that can send good vibes your way sweetie! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#29 jepacar

jepacar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi my dear friends...you won't believe what happened, I eliminated all coconut product and the problem solved the next day!!! it didn't happen when she had the blockage because no matter what, she had "diarrhea" which it was some form of liquid poo trying to go through the blockage, but as soon as the blockage was gone I started the coconut product again, so I couldn't notice any difference...oh boy!! somebody told about cross reactivity and seems that is what was happening...I could do a party, a novel wouldn't be as good as the felling I have now after a week of normal poo...I appreciate very much all your advices and support, seriously!!! now the 2 of us are completely off of any form of coconut...love you guys!!!

#30 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

That's great news!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved