Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Thank You

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. 

I've been reflecting a lot on where I was 2 1/2 years ago. I was the first of my friends to be diagnosed (since then, several of my friends/family have gone gluten-free), and during a very difficult and emotional time in my life it was a godsend to know that I wasn't alone. I had friends with funny screen names who would answer my questions, calm my anxiety, or share in my frustration.  

I see posts from people who are struggling or are newly diagnosed, and I see people reply who have been on this board consistently for years. The unwavering support that we have as a community is an incredible thing. We are impacting each other's lives in a truly meaningful way.

To those on this board who are new and feel like you are alone or aren't understood by your friends/family - it does get better. You are not alone. We are here for you.

I am proud to be a Celiac. I am proud to be taking charge of my health. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful, supportive community. We are awesome.  B)

Ads by Google:

me too!  i would have never been able to navigate these strange waters without the help of the many kind people on this forum :)  everybody starts at the beginning!!  i'm glad you are feeling better!  (i am too!)  it truly is a huge resource of interactive experience/advice - hopefully urban myth dispeller - from people who have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' lolz ^_^

This Forum is also what got me through the gluten-free Transition and listened to me vent when I needed to.  IrishHeart personally got me through dehydration issues and helped me cope with wicked migraines and let me cry on her shoulder.  I have made many friends here and hope to pay forward what I have learned.

Colleen

I can double up on the previous comments. There is no support group in my area, so I have turned here repeatedly, always with good results.

When I was diagnosed 6 years ago the hospital dietician said " I don't know much about this. Get on the internet". So I did. Six years later I am almost an expert in all things gluten free. Thanks, all you folks who have helped me out. I will continue to help anyone I can.