3 replies to this topic

#1 WinterSong

WinterSong

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. 

I've been reflecting a lot on where I was 2 1/2 years ago. I was the first of my friends to be diagnosed (since then, several of my friends/family have gone gluten-free), and during a very difficult and emotional time in my life it was a godsend to know that I wasn't alone. I had friends with funny screen names who would answer my questions, calm my anxiety, or share in my frustration.  

I see posts from people who are struggling or are newly diagnosed, and I see people reply who have been on this board consistently for years. The unwavering support that we have as a community is an incredible thing. We are impacting each other's lives in a truly meaningful way.

To those on this board who are new and feel like you are alone or aren't understood by your friends/family - it does get better. You are not alone. We are here for you.

I am proud to be a Celiac. I am proud to be taking charge of my health. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful, supportive community. We are awesome.  B)

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

me too!  i would have never been able to navigate these strange waters without the help of the many kind people on this forum :)  everybody starts at the beginning!!  i'm glad you are feeling better!  (i am too!)  it truly is a huge resource of interactive experience/advice - hopefully urban myth dispeller - from people who have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' lolz ^_^

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

This Forum is also what got me through the gluten-free Transition and listened to me vent when I needed to.  IrishHeart personally got me through dehydration issues and helped me cope with wicked migraines and let me cry on her shoulder.  I have made many friends here and hope to pay forward what I have learned.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

I can double up on the previous comments. There is no support group in my area, so I have turned here repeatedly, always with good results.

When I was diagnosed 6 years ago the hospital dietician said " I don't know much about this. Get on the internet". So I did. Six years later I am almost an expert in all things gluten free. Thanks, all you folks who have helped me out. I will continue to help anyone I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: