17 replies to this topic

#16 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Speckled 1:640 here....been there since just prior to celiac diagnosis - good to hear it can improve!

I always think of that test around this time of year when I see the speckled easter egg dye kits in the store ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Renaye

Renaye

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I agree, I have no official diagnosis of sjogrens or celiac.  Biopsy was negative but DGP IgG and DGP IgA were positive.  Sjogren's can tag along with celiac, lupus, scleroderma or others.  Hopefully I won't develop any more auto immune friends.  I am thankful that my doctor is treating symptoms.  I have been on restasis but had a possible allergy to it and now have eye plugs. 

Renaye

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

#18 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

If your DGP testing was positive, you have a diagnosis.  You just were lucky enough to find out before the major intestinal damage set in enough for them to find it.  Looking at your signature line, you have all the symptoms of true Celiac Disease.

I don't think these diseases just tag along.  I think when someone has undiagnosed celiac and years of inflammation sets in, your immune system does not disciminate against  damaging other organs.  And which ones they go to and which AI diseases you pop with depends on a number of things and I'm sure genetics plays a role in it all.  Inflammation is the start of any disease process.  This why I really have problems with Rheumy's.....they overthink everything and don't give enough credence to Celiac when patients present with multiple AI problems.  My niece's Rheumy hasn't gone any further with testing for Celiac and is being an enabler to her denial mode about it, all the while she is the poster child for AI disease. Plus, he really doesn't think she has it because she doesn't look sick.  :blink:   People pay for this advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: