#1 CeliacMe

CeliacMe

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

Hey all:

I just read another post, stating that someone had emailed Oprah, but no response. I have emailed her also, about a month ago. We need to keep emailing her about doing a show about Celiac in order to reach those who are sick and not knowing why. I suffered for 15 years with symptoms, many you have suffered just as long or longer. I wouldn't wish the suffering that we had on anyone. We can reach more and educate people about it. Please email Oprah. I have also gone to the extent of joining her message board, I am gonna start Celiac-postings ASAP!
Pamela
Florida

Gluten Free since 7/05

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 FaithInScienceToo

FaithInScienceToo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:57 AM

LOL...the Oprah Show once wanted me to be on the show...for family issues...They called me after I e-mailed my personal story to them....but, I wouldn't agree to asking my Mom to be on to show...and I also thought it would kill my Dad to have his alcoholism history aired...

Anyway...
Perhaps one of her producers personally knows of celiac disease, or of someone close with it, and might take a personal interest in it if our e-mails are mentioned in a meeting about potential show topics?

I imagine, though, that Oprah would be MOST interested in the overall idea of 'dangerous grains' AND in dairy protein problems that so many people have...

The reason I think this is because Oprah is so very much into maintaining her own health, and so she, herself, would want to know about the potential problems with common foods.

So...I think 'our' best bet might be to ask for a show about the dangers of common foods, and to ask to have Celiac Disease be a highlighted part of the show...with info and links about it put onto her web site.

OK...so, I will e-mail the show, also. It's a good plan to flood her 'show ideas' address with this....
I haven't read the other post about this yet, but here is the link you'll need to e-mail the show about this idea:

http://www.oprah.com...tows_main.jhtml

Gina

#3 FaithInScienceToo

FaithInScienceToo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:25 AM

I just sent my e-mail to the show.

Hopefully, they will find that having a show about this topic can help many people who suffer needlessly.

Gina

#4 Guest_barbara3675_*

Guest_barbara3675_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

Not waiting until my initial comes up, sent an email to the show just now. We can do this......we should email soon and often and stay on top of it letting everyone know if she does decide to do the show. Barbara

#5 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

I just emailed Oprah and asked her to do a show about celiac disease. I remember Kaiti tried last year, maybe we will have better luck this time :D
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#6 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:57 PM

You could further your chances of success by emailing the authors of Dangerous Grains and ask them to pester Oprah. Also, the guy who runs this web site, Scott Adams could write and offer to be a guest speaker on the subject. I think the more reputable people who have accountability on the issue would be more persuasive.
I believe in God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: