Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Tics And Celiac

4 posts in this topic

Are there any of you who's children have transient tics (like Tourette's) that are made worse by gluten??

Our oldest son is showing some transient tics and I am starting to wonder if HE has celiac...hmmmm?? He also has lots of anxiety.

What about stuttering/language delays??(this IS the celiac child)

Thanks in advance.....

Ads by Google:

Well, I don't have a child with this problem, but I am the one with Tourettes here. And yes, my tics are a ton worse with gluten, and so is my anxiety. And stuttering is considered a tic by many people. I usually never stutter, but will occasionally, especially when glutened.

My son has a speech delay!! And I know it was caused by gluten because he's 17 mo and he's at 10 months in speech which he started getting sick at 11 months. Also he has these tremors when he is glutened that are scary!! So you might want to try him on the gluten-free diet and see if he does better! :)

Gluten can cause seizure like activity in the brain. I had problems with gluten induced tics and my DD did also.

Jaybirdsmom, Interestingly my DD also lost her speech at a little over a year. All she could do was scream and bite. It turned out she had excessive fluid build up in her ears without any signs of infection. She had many sets of tubes and she went through years of speech therapy but by middle school only had a slight lisp. Make sure if you haven't already that you have him checked by an audiologist. She also had tremors and absence seizures. Now gone.