Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Tv And Or Radio

8 posts in this topic

I just can't go to sleep without a tv and or a radio playing.If I don't here noise I'm up all night.How many of you like something makeing noise so you can sleep?

This started when I was little.My dad snored and the only way to drown him out was a radio.When we were visting famliey one year in PA,thay started drowning him out to.Now the tv stays on all night so if I wake up I can fall back to sleep.

Ads by Google:

I am the same way, I have to have the noise from a small fan on my night stand and sometimes soft music too.

I listen to books on tape when I am falling asleep also I use a noisemaker and lisssten to teh rain.

I used to always play music to get to sleep - until I was 19 or so, but my husband got tired of it and asked me to try to stop. It took a little while to get used to it, but I'm fine without any noise now.

Sometimes I have to unplug the radio in my room because I can hear the soft buzz of the electricity, I think.

NO noise is best. I can tolerate the sound of the fan, or of one of my kids breathing beside me.

Definitely NO radio or television on for a deep sleep. I find myself "listening" to every word, and unable to be just lulled by the rythm.

Just my quirk.

I sleep with a fan, have since I was a child and cannot sleep without one. I am also very particular about the fan.. cant have one that does not sound a certain way. I am a very very light sleeper, any variation of noises and I am wide awake in a second. The radio or TV drives me batty. Any change in noises, such as a talk show with people clapping and I bolt upright in bed. Once you get used a fan, theres nothing else like it. Even have my husband liking the sound. In fact I am sure that is what contributed to the failure of my first marriage, he hated my fan and would not allow it <_< so I got to listen to him snore and snuffle all night, moved out of the bedroom so I could have my fan, wasnt long after we seperated. Of course there were other issues... lol.

I am kind of in between.......

I need the tv on to go to sleep but the sound is turns down and I have the closed captioning on..... But for noise, I have to fall asleep with my humidifier on.... it has a waterfall sound and is quite rhythmic and calming.....

Karen

I don't have any sleep problems, but do enjoy having the fan on when I fall asleep. I usually wake up early (6-7 AM) and fall asleep like clockwork at 10:30. Usually the entire family is watching TV (the olympics, lately), and I have my head back on the pillow and my eyes get heavy. During school I don't fall asleep to the TV, but the fan would still be nice, I guess.

About the noisemaker, my mom had one of those, and I used to borrow it sometimes since I went to bed before she did and put it on summer night. I didn't like the stream or rain cause those made me want to use the bathroom....lol :D

-celiac3270