arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

arrowJoin Celiac.com's New Online Support Group

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How To Find Out If Your Gluten Intolerent?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Nukapai_*

Guest_Nukapai_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:35 AM

Hi Nukapai,
I assume today you're having your tests so this may be late but may offer some consolation if you are concerned about the results.

I was gluten-free for 3 months before my blood tests and still showed positive anti-bodies.

good luck!

Yeah, had the test today - they took three vials of blood :blink:

Thanks - your story reassures me. :)

I don't really know WHAT to hope for - I guess a positive result would be a mixed bag, on the other hand, I would have to give up my favourite foods, but on the other hand, I would be free from so much .... and my life would improve immensely.

It'll take 10 days for the results, so in the meantime, I am just going to try gluten-free and see how I feel.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Mydnyt

Mydnyt

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:57 PM

I know how to find out if you have celiac but I was just wondering sence they're similar how do you do which is which ? Do they do some alergy test for gluten intolerent .I asked my gi doctor if they could find out but sticking the little needles in you and hes like no .So I was just wondering how they find out .thanks lynds

He told you it can't be determined by a blood test?! essentially you're testing for the same thing as for celiac
If the antibodies (IgG/IgA) indicate an intolerance to gluten, then how can raised levels of this NOT let you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: