Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Potato Wedge Seasoning

5 posts in this topic

If I'm feeling lazy or not very hungry I makemy own chips or wedges in the oven. I put salt and pepper on them or rosemery and thyme.

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has any other combinations that they use?

Ads by Google:

I toss the potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. :)

I use the following seasoning mix on roasted chickens or potatoes. I mix it up in a jar so that I always have it on hand.

Mix together equal parts paprika(we use sweet smoked spanish paprika), sugar, and salt. Add 1/4 part black pepper. You can use a little or a lot on chickens but a little goes a long way on potatoes. It has sugar in it so watch that it doesn't burn. I have no problems with this but used to have an oven that ran a little hot and so I covered the breast with foil toward the end because it sometimes started to brown too much.

I use the sweet paprika too and also some Italian seasoning, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Before I knew of my dairy allergy, I also used some grated parmesan. Now I use nutritional yeast for a cheesy taste. I also sometimes add chunky pieces of red onion.

i love the rosemary and thyme mix, or i will just toss w/ a bit of EVOO and mccormick's seasoning salt. that's our fave, and i like to turn the broiler on the last min or two to make them extra crunchy! mmmm, i'm thinking lunch today....