This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Range Of Gluten Free Products Available In Australia

amber

amber Explorer

Freedom Foods have released a range of gluten free frozen foods that will be in all Coles supermarkets as of this week.

Some of the products will be: Sticky date puddings, donuts, shephards pie, fish bites, crumbed chicken tenderloins, lasagna, salmon and vegetable patties, two varieties of pizza, rich chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins and crumbed fish fillets.

Also Patties Pies are releasing a new range of products in April which will also be in Coles supermarkets and some IGA/Ritchies stores.

Their range will include: Bread, meat pies, party pies, vegie rolls, pizza rolls, sausage rolls, lamingtons, apple pies and stick date puddings.

Also for Melbourne people a visit to the Gluten Free Cash and Carry warehouse is a must. This week there is a 20% off sale of all their products for gluten free awareness week.

It is located at 38 Astor Avenue, Carrum Downs and is open Tuesday to Friday 11am to 5pm. This week it will also be open on Saturday.

I went yesterday and there was basically every products in the Orgran range, pastas, cookies, flours, cakes, bread, etc. etc. There were also products from the Eskal range and Country life bread products and swiss rolls etc. People were filling up whole trollies full of stuff. Well worth the visit.

If anyone has tried any of the Freedom Food products please let us know what you think.

I don't work for Freedom by the way but was very excited to see these products which will be handy to keep in the freezer for the occasional meal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

georgie Enthusiast

Are they dairy free as well ? And does Woolworths and IGA have the range ?

Saz Explorer

Unfortunately the Freedom foods range is only available at Coles, at least according to all advertisements I have seen.

As far as I can tell from the ad I have the dairy free ones are- Crumbed fish fillets, Salmon cakes, Fish bites and chicken tenders. One thing I do like about Freedom foods is that fact they label on the front products, it is very handy as not all their products are gluten-free.

I have been searching the frozen section at one of my local Coles but so no luck - it's early days though. Hopefuly some it will be decent, I can get pies and such from a health food shop, but it will good to be able to get them along with my other groceries.

The patties stuff look really nice as well esp. the Sticky dates.

georgie Enthusiast

We have no Coles where I live :( Hope they come to Woolworths soon.

amber Explorer

Still none to be seen at Coles. Hopefully they will get there act together soon. Not sure if the hold up is with Freedom Foods or Coles.

Saz Explorer

Good to know thats its not just my coles. The last time I checked was Friday. The only reason I thought they may be delayed in hitting the shops was if the products were not available to order before March 1, if this was the case I would expect them to be in store by the end of this week, although I wouldn't have thought that it would take 3 weeks for them to get it in stock. I have re-read the advertisement and doesn't say anything about only being in The Coles stores in the capital cities.

Maybe they are going to give us all our Chirstmas's and Birthdays at once at put the Freedom foods things out when the Patties ones come out. :)

tracey* Rookie

I'm DETERMINED to track this down this weekend - I need to have some of those fish fillets and chicken!! Neeeed to.

I tasted some at the Expo last year - very nice. The pizza ... could be better though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Saz Explorer

Good to know that at least some of it tastes good! Can't wait to have salad wrap with CRUMBED chicken.

tracey* Rookie

Some success!

I found most of the range at Franklins - no Coles supermarket had it over the weekend (went to about 4).

I went to Franklins at Castle Mall, NSW but I know there are some at Blacktown MegaCentre, NSW too.

So far I've had the crumbed chicken (REAL chicken!!!), donuts (so good warm) and I'm having the beef lasagna tonight. I have sticky date pudding in the freezer which I'm trying to hold out on.

I couldn't find the fish fillets, but I did see the pizza. Didn't see the patties etc.

Best bet is to go to Franklins if you can (it's out of my way, but worth it) or to ask the manager at Coles.

Saz Explorer

The patties range isn't released untill next week.

Only the Franklins stores in NSW are stocking the Freedom Foods.

I hope that coles will have have them in stock soon, I know that sometimes when you order in a specific item, you need to to do it in bulk- I just don't have the storage space for this. I am going away in a few days and it would have been handy to be able to go into coles and get something. :angry:

amber Explorer

I got an email from Freedom saying that they shipped out the products to Coles distribution centre on 19th March and from there they will go to Coles Stores. It depends on each store as to which products they will stock.

Does anyone know how expensive they will be? Remember that range of Freedom crackers that were really expensive? Hopefully they will be a bit cheaper this time.

gerberer Newbie

I saw Freedom foods in our local Coles last week.

Also had the crumbed fish and chicken mentioned.

I love the fish, I just love fish anyway.

Saz Explorer

A little bit of good news- My local Coles has cleared a space in their freezer section and tagged it, The bad news is that there was also This product is unavailable tags. Maybe in another month they wll have them.

Has anyone spotted the Patties range yet? I can't wait for to try the pizza rolls!

Saz Explorer
:lol::P:rolleyes: So very very happy tonight! I went to coles and they had the products! I got the chicken tenders and they are so good! I would have tired the sticky dates as well but I don't really have much spare freezer space at the moment and there not exactely cheap.
amber Explorer

Well Coles at Southland (Melbourne) finally are stocking the products. We bought the donuts and the lasagna. So far have only tried the donuts and my daughter said they were very good. You just put them in the microwave for 30 seconds.

I knew the range would be expensive though but it is worth it to have a ready made meal in the freezer for when you don't have anything else at hand.

Julie-uk-nz Apprentice

Does anyone know if these products are coming to NZ? or how i can find out? Cheers

Aussie Peg Rookie

I just had a cinnamon doughnut! soooo good!! they taste like real ones, yay!!! :D

Not sure if they're coming to NZ but you could email them, their website is Open Original Shared Link :) Fingers crossed!

Saz Explorer

Has anyone found the patties products yet? We probably have a little longer to wait yet, going by how long it took for the Freedom Foods range to appear.

Also has anyone else found with the chicken tenders that the crumb kind of comes apart from the meat?

amber Explorer

We tried the Freedom Lasagna and my daughter pronounced it just 'okay'. I tried a bit and it was not nice at all. Heaps of cheese and a bit rubbery tasting. The donuts got the thumbs up though.

Saz Explorer

I tired the supreme pizza. I was a little disapointed there was basically no cheese on it. It tastes nice around the edges as they were crispy ( Mostly because I left in the oven to long) however in the middle I found it a bit moist.

Archived