Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Guess What My Dietician Told Me!

5 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I inquired with the dietician at the clinic I work in, as to what I can eat in the hospital cafeteria. I know I can eat the salad and the veggies and I was asking about what the turkey is soaked in or the ham. She did not have much information for me and when we discussed eating the hamburgers and i said "they flip the buns with the same turner they flip the hamburgers," and she says, "Oh, that little bit won't hurt you!" Now, here she is, a registered dietician, and I am led to believe from my friends here in this forum that just a crumb or two can cause damage and pain. So, who do I believe? :(

Bernadette

Ads by Google:

Well, you don't believe her.....you know the diet better than any dietician. I went to a dietician a month or two in and I already knew more, so it was useless. Fortunately, I went to a good dietician who knows about celiac, but obviously, you can't trust someone who is so ignorant regarding celiac.

bambam and celiac3270--my sister is a celiac dietician and she says--no using the same utensils and bambam--every crumb does hurt us--so, you should give the dietician at your work some information so she can understand us better--otay---Deb :rolleyes:

I concur--even a crumb can build up your antibodies.

Maybe you should tell her that eating a "pinch" of the gluten is equivalent to her/him eating a "pinch" of rodent droppings in the food. Just a little shouldn't bother you!!