#16 wclemens

wclemens

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

Hi,
Oh my gosh, reading your comments reminds me of just how many times over the past 30 years or so I have had to defend myself in terms of food. Of course I didn't know that Celiac was the reason I was always sick, at first, so those around me just thought I was some kind of eccentric freak who liked trying new and different foods (I would try almost anything if I thought it was going to help me stop wheezing with asthma). During those days I would get sick and lose 20 pounds, then start eating wheat again and gain 25 pounds, over and over, until I finally got tired of ending up in the hospital, and became serious about eliminating certain foods in an effort to capture that ever-elusive good health.

Some people would grimace and offer rude remarks, but I learned to just turn around and keep trying to find some kind of peace and good health, so I could realize all my hopes and dreams.

Last Christmas I bought Enterolab diagnosis kits for all my close family members. Some never even took the test, but my sister and brother did, and my sister has Celiac (she's had thyroid cancer already). I'm the only one who sticks to the diet, and I am able to outpace even the youngest of workers at my job, or wherever I may go. I got the Enterolab test when my youngest grandson couldn't keep down his formula at birth, and the test diagnosed that he was Celiac as well. I babysat him 5-6 days a week for his first 11 months, and diligently avoided all those poisonous foods. Then his mother decided to put him in daycare, and decided that he didn't really have Celiacl, so she now feeds him all those foods I worked so hard to keep away from him.

I captured a stool sample the last time I changed his diapers, and sent it off to Enterolab to verify once again that he does have Celiac. His doctor at Kaiser did a blood test or some kind of test and said it came out negative. I will keep trying to help those around me find good health, no matter what. It is a matter of life and death, after all. Welda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: