Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Do You Make Then Understand What It Is!

• Please log in to reply

62 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Eloisa_*

Guest_Eloisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

I come from a Mexican family and totally understand. Now after me being celiac they have made sure that they cook everything with natural ingredients with lots of corn tortillas.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 Guest_kmmolina_*

Guest_kmmolina_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

I'm still so new to this that I don't always ask the questions I should. A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law brought over some rice with fideo in it. Not even thinking I ate a lot of it. The next day I really had some intestinal issues and started thinging back on what I had eaten. Between the fideo and maybe the tomato sauce she used...well, anyway, since then I have been taking my own food. I'm constantly learning and educating.

#63 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

We need to wear flashing signs in the middle of our foreheads. Listing
Toxic Food that is KILLING US! So each time we don't have to explain to people who don't understand.

I like that web set you-don't-look-sick-dot.com...they are right people don't get it!

I feel the same way too, being Italian -- my entire life with sweet cream butter on Italian bread, pasta, macaroni, cheese, canolli's, cheesecake, capacinno... :wub: Oh, I could just died now. :o I can't e-v-e-r - <_< - n-e-v-e-r eat them again. :o No wedding, birthday, or créme brulée. :angry: Oh God why?! :lol:

So how do we make the world wake-up and take notice to Celiac-Sprue?!

We need to find some major celebrities who are suffering, as we are with CS, and get an awareness movement going.

First I think, we or it, has to have a name that people can say and remember. Like TOXIC Food Disease, or something else then what it is. When I say, "I have Celiac Sprue", people look at me like, "...what? How do you say it? Do you spell it with a S, or is a who? ...Gluta Huh?" :wub:

Where did the sillyak name came from anyway? :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: