Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Has Anyone Had A 0 On The Ttg Blood Test?

3 posts in this topic

I am seriously confused by some of my results. The more I have been researching things the more I think my blood tests may not be valid. I have heard that having a 0 on the tTG test seems suspicious, and that everyone pretty much has at least some tTG present if they sufficiently make IgA.

My total IgA was 115, (normal range 68-378)

My tTG was 0 (range 0-19 being normal)

I got tests from enterolab for gluten sensitivity that came back as a 6 (anything over a 10 is positive.)

My symptoms:

weight loss, short stature, failure to grow as a child, late puberty, anxiety, depression, eczema, constant nausea, frequent loose BM, hand tremors, joint pain, headaches, insomnia, fatigue, menstrual irregularities, periodontal disease, endometriosis (14 years ago).

I have seen improvement with a gluten-free diet.

My 21 month old dd was positively diagnosed at enterolab as having gluten sensitivity (18 units on the test).

Anyone have any insight on this? I can't figure out why my gluten tests at enterolab could be negative.

Ads by Google:

Blood tests are not the "official" way to diagnose, they are just an easy first step.

My dad's blood work also came up with a 0. They determined that some people's body just don't produce the antibody that they are looking for.

An endoscopy is the true way of diagnosing. If you and your doc want to be 100% sure, then this is the next step. Best of luck!

An endoscopy is the true way of diagnosing. If you and your doc want to be 100% sure, then this is the next step.

This is not necessarily true either. A good share of doctors miss a diagnosis with the endoscopy. either they do not know what they are looking at, or they do not get enough samples, so many varitables.

Recently, Dr. Peter Green stated a positive blood test is proof. This is something new from him. I think soon, we will hear many new thoughts on gluten intolerance/celiac disease.