3 replies to this topic

#1 kors

kors

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

I am on day 6 of a gluten challenge - it is horrible, and I don't think I will continue. After being gluten free/dairy free for 3 weeks (and feeling great) - my doc wanted more blood work. The weird thing that I have noticed is that I have been running a low grade fever after eating gluten (99 - 100). Has this happened to anyone? I don't "feel" sick - have no sinus issues, cough, UTI, etc., just some tummy issues. My doc has no idea (typical), but a gal at the gluten free store said that since Celiac is an auto-immune disorder, a fever could be my bodies way of attacking the gluten? Just wondering if I am the only one who has had this problem. I don't feel like going on needless antibiotics if I don't feel sick.

I so appreciate this forum - so glad to know that I am not alone!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Yep. Unexplained fevers/chills were one of my symptoms. At one point it was so bad I thought I was going through early menopause (I'm 30). I hope you can get your testing done without causing too much damage to your body with this trial. Just curious--What is your reason for needing the additional testing? I can't bare the thought of going through that pain again just to have positive result in a file somewhere.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#3 taweavmo3

taweavmo3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

My daughter does...she's running one right now, after a glutening on Sunday. I brought her in to the doctor today, since it's day 4 of fever. Nothing could be found, so I'm assuming it's her immune system gone awry. Hope your challenge goes okay and you get to feeling better soon!
Tamara, mom to 4 gluten & casein free kiddos!

Age 11 - Psoriasis
Age 8- dx'd Celiac March 2005
Age 6- gluten-free/cf, allergy related seizures
Age 4 - reflux, resolved with gluten-free/cf

#4 Mari

Mari

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hi Kors,
Enterolab offers more sensitive fecal tests for celiac disease. You can write them and describe what you've been doing and ask if their tests would be OK.

Celiacs are often infected with Lyme disease. I had that problem for years with a low grade fever - 100 or less. There is a good test for this and my blood test went from negative to positive when I went gluten-free. Drs offer a course of antibiotics which has many side effects so I decided to use hemeopathic drops available from a local ND and now I'm free of Lyme's.
DQ6/DQ8
HLA-DQ B allele 1 *0602: HLA-DQ B allele 2 *0302
Gluten free and Cow Dairy free since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: