This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dr. Peter Green and Elisabeth Hasselbeck Featured Tonight in Piece on ABC News ... - Celiac.com (blog)

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Dr. Peter Green and Elisabeth Hasselbeck Featured Tonight in Piece on ABC News ...

Celiac.com (blog)

In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as ...

Open Original Shared Link

View the full article

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Cypressmyst Explorer

Just thought I'd post Dr. Vikki's response to this load of...

It mirrors my own.

Takala Enthusiast

Oh, very nice response by Dr. Vicki after all the negative publicity about the supposed bad effect of the gluten free diet being pushed by the MSM all year.

Cypressmyst Explorer

That's because everyone has a problem with gluten. And if the people start to figure this out then big pharma and big wheat have a problem don't they?

I expect a hardcore backlash from here on out. Unfortunately people are fed up with doctors and pills and so when they discover through word of mouth that a simple change in diet can fix their major ailments, there is no way MSM will win this battle.

Take your money out of wheat futures! ;)

GFinDC Veteran

Thanks for the link to Dr. Viki's response CMyst

I was very surprised to hear Dr. Green say the gluten-free diet is dangerous. The whole story was pretty negative about the gluten-free diet.

Cypressmyst Explorer

;) You are very welcome GFinDC!

Your Pizzaman freaks me out though! :blink:

But I think its in a good way. :unsure:

GFinDC Veteran

Ha Ha, pizza man is a tringle. I got on a short kick of making people and critters that were wider as they got taller. Decided they were tringles. So pizza man is me as a tringle.

That flame-thrower broad in the kitchen is a little scary too Cmyst! Has she got something against fryed food? :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Ha Ha, pizza man is a tringle. I got on a short kick of making people and critters that were wider as they got taller. Decided they were tringles. So pizza man is me as a tringle.

That flame-thrower broad in the kitchen is a little scary too Cmyst! Has she got something against fryed food? :D

"Your triangle dude is a little creepy," said The Mr. Potatohead Pumpkin.

I think Cmyst is just making sure the chicken is completely cooked. Don't want food poisoning.

GFinDC Veteran

"Your triangle dude is a little creepy," said The Mr. Potatohead Pumpkin.

I think Cmyst is just making sure the chicken is completely cooked. Don't want food poisoning.

Well gee Mr. Potatohead, why not come over to my house Saturday night and I'll show you a little creepy.. can you say pumpkin french fries? :D:D:D

OK, I get your point though, my tringle guy has been around a long time, might be time to change him out. All these years and he hasn't aged at all, snot natural. And CMyst doesn't have to worry about undercooked food I don't think. :P:o:) Shoot, I do the same thing on the stove, use a torch. But it's to make my encaustic paintings, not food, so it's leettle different.

kareng Grand Master

Well gee Mr. Potatohead, why not come over to my house Saturday night and I'll show you a little creepy.. can you say pumpkin french fries? :D:D:D

OK, I get your point though, my tringle guy has been around a long time, might be time to change him out. All these years and he hasn't aged at all, snot natural. And CMyst doesn't have to worry about undercooked food I don't think. :P:o:) Shoot, I do the same thing on the stove, use a torch. But it's to make my encaustic paintings, not food, so it's leettle different.

Way off topic, but, that usually doesn't stop me! Are the encaustic paintings the ones with the black and the stain glass sort of effect on your website? Those are just beautiful.

GFinDC Veteran

Way off topic, but, that usually doesn't stop me! Are the encaustic paintings the ones with the black and the stain glass sort of effect on your website? Those are just beautiful.

Hi Karen,

Yes, them are the encaustic ones. They are made from beeswax, resin and pigment on panels. I do actually make them on the stove, and use a torch too. Gots to use that stove for something when I am not cooking. I make my own medium also. Fun stuff!

OK, Mr. creepy tringle is gone and Mr. SP is in. Now that's scary!

Cypressmyst Explorer

I envision that my avatar is thoroughly decontaminating all of the cookware to ensure no CC. :lol:

I like the pumpkin head, but I have a thing for pirates so I am totally biased. B)

Now that you mention it is you as a triangle man I totally see it. :lol: I always thought it was odd that someone would have a pizza avatar on a Celiac site. I just thought you were a rebel. ;)

The new one also has me hiding under the covers. :o:D:lol:

And just so we stay on topic. Have you guys noticed the backlash against gluten-free growing? I've only been at this a few months but I have.

GFinDC Veteran

I envision that my avatar is thoroughly decontaminating all of the cookware to ensure no CC. :lol:

I like the pumpkin head, but I have a thing for pirates so I am totally biased. B)

Now that you mention it is you as a triangle man I totally see it. :lol: I always thought it was odd that someone would have a pizza avatar on a Celiac site. I just thought you were a rebel. ;)

The new one also has me hiding under the covers. :o:D:lol:

And just so we stay on topic. Have you guys noticed the backlash against gluten-free growing? I've only been at this a few months but I have.

Oops, nope, not a pizza slice, although I can see people craving/thinking that. Can't say I much of a rebel. It's society that is whacked, I am just fine. :D

Well the stick figure guy isn't supposed to be scary, but I heard that from Emily too, so who knows? I guess the things that are scary to the opposite sex are different. Hmmm, another conundrum.

I don't know about a backlash, although there is some surprising negativity about gluten-free. This nightline video of Dr Green is a real a shocker though.

mushroom Proficient

I would expect any negativity about gluten free to come from two sources/approaches:

1. The fact one is hearing about it so much these days, practically being bombarded by it (although so many still don't know what it is :P )

2. Those who promote the idea in one way or another that it is a fad diet/weight loss diet/trendy/whatever, and not a necessary way of eating for about 30% of the population (or should be 30% if they knew that they were gluten intolerant and could be helped by it).

And when even Peter Green (the leading explainer of celiac disease) starts expounding misinformation about gluten sensitivity, well it's hard not to get despondent :(

Cypressmyst Explorer

That just means it is up to us to get the word out about this stuff and how bad it is for folks. And that gluten-free is not dangerous to anyone but big pharma and big wheat)

I like to use the pizza test. I tell people to pay attention to how they feel a day or two after they eat pizza. If they are lethargic and awful feeling more than usual they might have a gluten issue, especially with accompanying DH or migraines or auto-immune issues etc...

Seems to get through fairly well. Brownies also work. ;)

Doctors have been incompetent with most of us so far, so what makes us think that Dr. Greene should be any different, just because he happens to be the media fav?

So don't despair, do what you can with those around you to make a difference in someone's life. That person will in turn tell others, and so on.

It has already begun. B) Gluten's days are seriously numbered my friends.

Oh and GFinDC your new avatar is perfectly fine. I like freaky things. ;)

kareng Grand Master

It has already begun. B) Gluten's days are seriously numbered my friends.

Oh and GFinDC your new avatar is perfectly fine. I like freaky things. ;)

Thank you General Cypressmyst for the war report. (SALUTE)

I like Gee Eff's self portrait. I think its fun. And it's saluting.

Cypressmyst Explorer

*Salute*

:lol:

I like that Title...General Cypress... B)

Archived