Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Gluten Free Or Not?

• Please log in to reply

47 replies to this topic

#46 bubbleelise

bubbleelise

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I was just on the website for Heshey and yes Reese Peanut butter cups are gluten free. Here is the link for the page that I was on. http://www.thehershe...px#/Gluten-Free

I just got off of the phone with a customer service representative from Hershey's. They do have a gluten free list, but do not post it on their website and are unable to email a printed copy because it changes so often. As of today, the only Hershey's candies which are gluten free are:
1. Hershey's kisses
2. Hershey's 1.55 ounce chocolate bar
3. Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds

I specifically asked about Reese's peanut butter cups, and was told that they are not gluten free. Just wanted to get the word out.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

The last four posts all shared the same link (which had been provided in some older posts as well).
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48 Snlane40

Snlane40

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yes it's very unfortunate that some people are extremely sensitive to very small amounts of gluten. I feel for you as it must make life even more difficult.

For practical purposes however, we need some way to identify products that contain gluten ingredients, and those that don't. An additional (but separate) category are products that do not contain gluten ingredients, but are made on shared lines, or in a facility that also processes wheat.

The regular and snack size RPBC would be in the first category. They do not contain gluten ingredients and therefore should be safe for most celiacs. If the phone representative is to be believed, they potentially could be risky for extremely sensitive Celiacs due to being processed on shared lines.

Potential cross contamination. Now that's a whole nuther subject!

best regards, lm

I'm new to this whole celiac & gluten free thing. Thankfully mine is just mild at this point. I haven't gotten sick from eating Reese's cups before & I've been eating them often. I mostly get sick when I eat a lot of things with flour or wheat in them. For example, cake makes me sick & bloated. Mine didn't start until after I had my addendum taken out. I usually look at the label & if it doesn't state there's gluten in the product I can get by with eating it with getting very sick. I've been hospitalized several times with these symptoms but it took them years to figure it out. I'm glad I found this forum.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: