Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

This Only A Trial Test?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

By limited choices i meant that restaurants don't have a lot of gluten free food to offer. Sorry if it was convoluted. Restaurants are starting to have req'd training in gluten allergies, which is smart because 21 million people accounts for significant missed profit opportunities. Their loss. Anyway, I completely agree with the fact that restaurants need to be more conscious of food allergens. 150 million people in the U.S. have some form of chronic illness that will restrict their diet.

The GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group) has a program called GFRAP that trains and certifies restaurants for gluten-free food prep. They have a listing of them on their website. It is still a good idea to check with the restaurant staff because their program does not include ongoing monitoring of compliance. So staff turnover or management changes could degrade the restaurants performance on gluten-free prep.

Your are right that more could be done. People with diabetes may need low carb diets. And there are plenty of people with food allergies also And people with heart problems are often on low fat diets.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: