Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Happy Tart Bakery In Northern Virginia!

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Monklady123

Monklady123

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

All Northern Virginia folks run, do not walk, to this new bakery! It's in the Del Ray area of Alexandria. -- While I was at church this morning my dh drove there and came home with the most fabulous things! bread! and cupcakes! and other chocolaty things. omg. That's all I have to say. :) :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

All Northern Virginia folks run, do not walk, to this new bakery! It's in the Del Ray area of Alexandria. -- While I was at church this morning my dh drove there and came home with the most fabulous things! bread! and cupcakes! and other chocolaty things. omg. That's all I have to say. :) :)

Can you give an address? Is it by the Braddock Rd Metro station?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Monklady123

Monklady123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

Can you give an address? Is it by the Braddock Rd Metro station?

The address says 2307A Mt. Vernon Avenue. I haven't been there yet, and I don't know Alexandria so I don't know about the metro. But I'm sure someone at the bakery could tell you if you called. Well worth the trip, since as far as I know there isn't an entirely gluten free bakery around here. Not within easy reach of me anyway. :)

#4 ChickensDon'tClap

ChickensDon'tClap

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for the recommendation! Whenever I go to Del Ray, I go to the Homemade Pizza Company. It will be nice to stop by the bakery on the way home to pick up some desserts.
Valerie

#5 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

I'm moving back to Alexandria at the end of July -- I cannot wait to visit this place. I've only heard good things about it!

Here's the web page with location and hours (closed Mondays & I think they are open later hours during the summer):

http://www.happytart..._and_Hours.html

They are a ways up from the Braddock Metro. I'm thinking it will be perfect to combine a trip to MOMs and this place!

#6 ChickensDon'tClap

ChickensDon'tClap

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I visited the Happy Tart the same day of my last post. I guess you could say I was desperate for a cupcake! I combined this trip with a visit to the Homemade Pizza Company, and I was able to park in the lot behind the pizza place. The Happy Tart owner was very nice! I asked if they used any chickpea or garbanzo bean flour (which I can't stand) in the items, and she said that they don't. Yay! I got 2 cupcakes - a salted caramel and a s'mores. Both were delicious. I wanted to go back today, but they close at 4 so I'm out of luck. Definitely a keeper! Mt. Vernon Avenue seems to have a lot of foot traffic, so I have the bakery can stick around.
Valerie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: