17 replies to this topic

#16 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hamburgers - we use Udi's hamburger buns or the two end's of normal udi's bread. We take them with us if we will be grabbing a burger on the road.

Pizza - you can make your own - not the same convenience as take out, but does satisfy the craving very nicely without making you ill.

Beer - there are more and more gluten-free beers everyday. Use the search feature at the top right of your page to find numerous threads regarding options and opinions on their taste.

There is nothing that helps the frustration caused by removing spontaneity from our dining choices - except being prepared and giving it time. Even this gets much better with time.

Hang in there - it does get better :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Trudyjerry

Trudyjerry

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

7 months into being gluten and dairy free and I still get angry at times. It does get easier though.

To keep costs down, shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Try to stay away from the processed foods. I will admit that it is sometimes easier said than done. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, which also drives me nuts at times.

Once you're feeling a little adventurous try baking your own gluten free hamburger buns and breads. For now, concentrate on learning as much as you can and feeling better.

Great big {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you.

#18 KMMO320

KMMO320

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

In my experience, at least with the brands I have tried so far, when it comes to gluten-free rolls and breads, you need to toast or grill them really well. Maybe I just haven't gotten used to the texture, but thats what I need to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: