Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Too Much Salt And Fat Potential Problems?

celiac salt fat rice coeliac soft stool diarreah cramps

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 rgarton

rgarton

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hello again,

I was just wondering if anyone else had bad probelms with too much salt or fat?
I ask because yesterday i ate a whole bag of salted/roasted macadamia nuts, its not a big bag but enough.

I do eat them occasionally but not a whole bag. So i woke up this morning with agonising cramps in my lower stomach and the inevitable happened, really loose stool, like mud, not watery, and had to go to relieve myself a few times before the cramping died down, i also took a paracetamol because it hurt so much, i rarely, rarely do this. I think cramps are a natural thing but this morning was too much.

I also had rice last night which if anything usually binds me up, but i've been reading more and more about how rice can adversly effect some people when they have too much. But i don't think i have as i havent had it for quite a few days now.

So I'm wondering if people on here if they have to much salt/fat do you get these types of symptoms and does it make sense? If so I'l stay away from the amcadamias no matter how delicious they are.

Thanks in advance.
Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think it's just that you ate too many. According to this article, they are sometimes prescribed for constipation. http://www.livestron...g-constipation/

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I was unaware that they can sometimes be prescribed for constipation. I was going to suggest that if you are unused to that amount of fiber in your diet, consuming what is such an extreme amount for your body in such a short time would almost certainly cause boatloads of cramping and other types of upset. I'm not the least surprised that you had issues. As a kid I always had a lot of problems around Christmas because my grammy keeps nuts in the shells on her kitchen table and I would eat and eat and eat them and end up sick in the bathroom in killer pain. I never learned though, I still to this day only buy brazil nuts in very small amounts because I have literally no self control. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: celiac, salt, fat, rice, coeliac, soft stool, diarreah, cramps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: