If you've been craving these old favorites and thought you may never have them again ... your wait is over! These cookies will fool any gluten eater and satisfy every craving. Caution: they're addictive!
- 1 ½ cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 cup shortening, butter or othernon-dairy alternative (e.g Earth Balance®Buttery Sticks/Shortening Sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cup Jules Gluten FreeAll Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. granulated cane sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Cream shortening and sugar untilfluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk dryingredients together: Jules Gluten Free All PurposeFlour; baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add to wet ingredientbowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Cover tightly and refrigerate untilcold, at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 F (static) or 375 F(convection).
Shape dough into 1-inch balls byrolling in the palms of your hands. Roll each ball in the sugar andcinnamon mixture. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bakefor 8-9 minutes, or until lightly browning and puffed. Remove tocool on a wire rack; the cookies will sink slightly in the middlewhen cooled – this is normal.
Yield: approximately 3 dozen cookies.
- Articles linking to this article: No-Bake Honey & Oat Peanut Butter Bars (Gluten-Free)