07/01/2014 - Fair warning: This is one of those quintessentially American dishes that includes bacon, cheese and sour cream. Oh, and mayonnaise. Let's not forget the mayonnaise.
- 10 small white potatoes, peeled with skins on
- 6 slices cooked, crisp bacon, diced
- 4 green onions
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons gluten-free brown mustard (I use Annie’s)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Ground pepper to taste
Wash and peel white potatoes. Leave skins on red potatoes
Cube and boil potatoes with salt. Drain well.
Crumble bacon and slice onions (including tops).
Combine sour cream, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise, vinegar, and mix into potatoes.
Add bacon, onions and cheese, keeping some aside for topping, and toss into potatoes.
Pour into baking dish.
Top with reserved cheese, onions, and bacon.
Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold. Tastes great either way.