Want to make an easy romantic dinner that will fill the house with wonderful aromas? Try this recipe for steamed fresh lobster.
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 6 stalks celery, quartered with leaves
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 2 fresh live lobsters or 4 (6 ounce) lobster tails
- ½ cup butter, melted
Pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom of a large pot. Add all ingredients except lobster and butter. Bring to a boil.
Add the salt and place a steamer insert inside the pot so that it is just above the water level. Put the lobster tails on the rack and cover the pot.
Cover and steam for 8 minutes. Keep covered and do not lift the lid!
While the lobster is steaming, set the table, pour a glass of white wine, and light a few candles. Serve with melted butter for dipping.