Waitingindreams

Gluten Free Vegetarian Gravy?

Rate this topic

This will be my first gluten-free Thanksgiving. I'm not very interested in stuffing, but I know I can find a few recipes if I really want to. The mashed potatoes are gluten free, and I am getting my own turkey breast that I might cook some vegetables with. The desserts will be easy to figure out, I'm just wondering about the gravy. 

I LIKE beef/chicken/turkey gravy, but I was wondering if there was a way to make vegetarian and gluten free gravy. I'm not sure what kind of vegetables could be used, or if it would even taste good. I have tried Heinz's mushroom gravy and I liked it, but it still used beef stock so it wasn't vegetarian.

Any recipes/ideas? If not, just recipes for gluten free gravy would be helpful. :) Or if you know of any companies that sell gluten free gravy..so much to learn!

Also you can just use vegetable stock (kitchen basics is gluten-free) , add some vegetarian boullion (I think massels is vegan, not 100% sure) and use gluten-free flour/ a vegetarian fat for the roux.