kenlove

Ten Most Annoying Things About Eating Out Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Brilliant! Going out for dinner tonight (party includes one friend who well-meaningly made me vegan brownies after I was diagnosed...) and I've just got off the phone from my pre-meal grilling the restaurant about their gluten-free menu. Which, just tonight, does not include gluten free buns as they've run out. This has cheered me up as I chomp grumpily through a gluten-free bagel in preparation (mmm, just discovered Udi's!) 

oh, man.... number 4.

i've had several restaurant employees and owners ask me what happens when i eat gluten.

this is not the time or the place for that discussion, my new friend. not the time or the place.

This is a good list! One thing that I would like to add is that once a restaurant informed me that all their tofu has gluten in it, because it's a soy product. What?? Unless it has flavoring added (usually in the form of soy sauce) tofu is definitely gluten free.

i've had this happen too! people get so confused about celiac alongside all the different allergens their customers are concerned about. i was surprised how adamant one restaurant was about this, too.