Newtoitall

Has This Ever Happened To You From Salt?

Rate this topic

I get some swelling in my right knee and left elbow, it amuses me that it's opposite sides like that, but it is actually fairly sore on the elbow =/ this is a newer reaction, I've always reacted poorly to salt but only with skin/scalp never a legit join inflammation, it may not have been the salt I was just wondering if anyone HAD this particular reaction or something similar from salt.

Any type of swelling like that in response to salt intake should warrant a visit to your primary care doctor.  Even though the swelling isn't presenting itself in the most typical way, you may be at risk of a cardiac event if you ignore it.

Me too.  The magnesium stearate added to salt to prevent clumping is usually made from corn.  I have talked with a company who manufactures salt.  They would not confirm they used corn in the product, but emphatically stated they didn't claim it was corn free. 

I had bloated up and gotten fatigued months back when I had accidently purchased salt with magnesium stearate.  It took me a week and a half of struggling before I looked for and found the culprit.

I use sea salt, and even for that you need to check the ingredients.  IF one's body is okay with corn, it shouldn't be an issue for you.

Dee

Are you Corn intolerant? I know regular salt has Corn in it. I use sea salt. 

I am pretty sensitive to corn yeah, I have just recently switched over to celtic sea salt and while it does leave me a lil itchy, it doesn't seem to cause any kind of swelling or anything so it's good for when I need salt in fermenting or something.