kayoung4

Soy Issues?

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I flipped back a few pages and didn't see it.

For those of you that have soy issues, what made you think you might? Did you get tested or just eliminate it and see if it got better? And if I the latter, what are some common hidden sources of soy?

Thanks!

Soy won't be hidden. It is one of the top 8 allergens and so at least in the USA it must be listed in the ingredients label. (Not sure about other countries.)

I didn't eliminate soy because I thought it might bother me. I KNEW it bothered me because I reacted to it. That was early on in my gluten-free life. It may be that I wouldn't react to it now but I see no reason to try it.

If you suspect soy, probably the best way to figure it out is to test out something that is 100% soy (like plain tofu). That way if you have issues, you know it's soy and not some other thing. There are a number of brands of tofu that are certified gluten free or made in dedicated gluten free facilities, including Nasoya, Mori Nu, etc.