Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2preston

Hi, I Am New Here & Just Diagnosed With Celiac Disease About 6 Days Ago

Hi, 

My name is Jessica and I just got diagnosed with Celiac Disease 6 days ago! But have had stomach/digestive issues for over 10 years. I also found out I am allergic to: Milk, Egg, Peanuts, Soybeans and Corn. So this is definitely been a huge adjustment in my diet. I am glad I found this site as I want to learn all i can about Celiac & the gluten-free way of life. Hope to get to know all of you. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the board.  :)

It looks like your have even more food issues to deal with than most of us.  There are a fair number around here with corn, soy and dairy issues too - you're in good company.

Just a reminder to keep an eye open for celiac in your kids too.  They'll have a 1 in 10, to 1 in 25, chance of developing celiac disease too.  I they are not gluten-free, they should be tested every couple of years for it.

Best wishes

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Welcome, Jessica! :) We are here to help, feel free to post any questions.  If you want to go into your profile and add a signature that says you are diagnosed Celiac and the other things you can't eat, it will help people tailor answers to your needs when they are answering any questions you post.  So glad to hear you are starting the diet you need to end those years of GI suffering!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Welcome! Here is a link to an article that can be found under our "Coping" section:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter