Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kerrygirl15

Newly Diagnosed And Hoping To Learn From You All.

Hello,

I am 22 and newly diagnosed with celiac d.I went into hospital two months ago due to severe vomiting and diarrhoea which they initially thought was some sort of tummy bug.It turned out to be pnemonococcal septicemia which turned into septic shock.I was in icu on a ventilator for weeks,had to be resuscitated,it was awful.Anyway I'm alive now and home!While in hospital they tested me for c.d.bloods were positive,biopsy positive also was severely anemic,hyposplenism and leaky gut.I have been on gluten free diet for a few weeks now and getting on well.I'm really hoping that the gluten-free diet will make me feel well again.I've been sick all the time for the last few years.Anyway,I'm hoping I will learn a few things from everyone here.

2010(Age 17)-Non hodgkins lymphoma(chemo,radiation)

2011(Age 18)-Bone marrow transplant.

2014(Age 21)-Diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis after mri and lumbar puncture

2015(Age 22)-Diagnosed with celiac disease after positive bloods and biopsy,secondary acute myeloid leukemia

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the board!  :)  

It sounds like you are on the right track now.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and are well on your way to healing by time the summer winds down.  Best wishes.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Thanks everyone.

2010(Age 17)-Non hodgkins lymphoma(chemo,radiation)

2011(Age 18)-Bone marrow transplant.

2014(Age 21)-Diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis after mri and lumbar puncture

2015(Age 22)-Diagnosed with celiac disease after positive bloods and biopsy,secondary acute myeloid leukemia

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter