This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Nice Eyelashes!

ThomasMom

flowergirl Rookie

I don't exaggerate when I say I have long eyelashes. They are really long. They used to be very think and obvious when I was a child and teen but now they are just long and thin. I also find it in the way when I'm wearing sunglasses and I have to wear sunglasses a lot because I have VERY sensitive eyes. I wonder if the long eyelashes and sensitive eyes thing go together... :huh:

As for the nail thing, my nails were always soft and in an awful state before going gluten-free. This is one of the significant changes I had after gluten-free because they are now hard and long for the first time in my life. I still get the big ridges and occational dents. My nails are also spoon shaped. I heard that is not normal? :blink:

I am anemic too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RiceGuy Collaborator
My nails are also spoon shaped. I heard that is not normal? :blink:

What do "spoon-shaped" nails look like? I've not heard that term before.

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

I used to have nice eyelashes...until my hair and them started to fall out.... let's hope gluten-free diet helps.

cat40 Newbie

Ditto on the eyelash thing. I wear my glasses midway down my nose for that very reason. And I have to be careful with mascara too otherwise I end up with black freckles along the brow bone. As for nails...I've only had nails if I paid for them. (once or twice just to see what it was like) mine peel away like an onion, bend really easy and I have ridges and awful cuticles.

Cathleen

• 9 months later...
Tiffy Newbie

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have not been diagnosed with Celiac disease yet but I believe that I have it. I noticed the topic about eyelashes and my eyelashes have always been really long, thick, and curly as well. Ever since I was a baby people always noticed them.

• 2 weeks later...
Gazza1 Newbie

i HATE my eyelashes there long and dark and ever since i started secondary school most girls i meet ask if im wearing mascara/eyeliner im 23 now and still get this comment regulary resulting in me having a real lack of confidence around girls because i consider myself to be a laughing stock to them those damn lashes have ruined my life!

home-based-mom Contributor
i HATE my eyelashes there long and dark and ever since i started secondary school most girls i meet ask if im wearing mascara/eyeliner im 23 now and still get this comment regulary resulting in me having a real lack of confidence around girls because i consider myself to be a laughing stock to them those damn lashes have ruined my life!

They aren't laughing at you. They're envious! ;) Have you thought of getting a job as a male model?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest digmom1014
I always had long, thick eyelashes. But I've just noticed a couple of days ago, that suddenly my lashes are quite short! I always had trouble with my lashes hitting my glasses, but now I feel weird for having such short lashes. Very strange, I wonder why this is happening. I am just glad that my hair hasn't started falling out, too. I have very thick hair, that is still auburn with very few grey hairs (which you can't even notice, really, people just assume I must be dyeing it, like everybody else my age).

Count me in as a long-eyelash girl! It's the glasses touching that bothers me, I have sensitive eyes and wear sunglasses even when other's aren't!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Agree with the other poster. These girls who say this are trying to give you a compliment and an opening line. Sometimes girls can be as awkward and clumsy when they want to talk to someone as a guy. Try to think of a 'witty' response that can get the conversation moving. :)

MrMark Apprentice

My eyelashes are long and thick too. I can squint if I need sunglasses :lol:

Before going gluten free, my nail moons were very visible. My nail moons are all but gone now, not sure where they went :lol:

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I didn't get the long eyelashes..... waaaaa. I want them.

Susan

RiceGuy Collaborator
My eyelashes are long and thick too. I can squint if I need sunglasses :lol:

Before going gluten free, my nail moons were very visible. My nail moons are all but gone now, not sure where they went :lol:

Those moons are natural, and a good sign of nail health as I understand it. A sublingual methylcobalamin (B12) supplement should help with nails, as it does many conditions. Nutritionists examine a patients nails when they look for a deficiency in B12.

Archived